ALIF organises SOCIALS to get together different components of multi-racial Mauritius. These occasions are very often used to honour great Mauritians who excel in their fields of activities and help develop their homeland.
Our list of HONOREES is made up of:
- Members of the Judiciary
- Heads of Diplomatic Missions in Mauritius and Churches
- CEOs of big Companies
- Vice Chancellors, Researchers and University Lecturers
- Sports Medalists
Members of the Judiciary
Mauritius often serves as a reference in the world as possessing a reliable justice system and is solicited to be the venue of International Arbitration. The builders of this flattering image is no doubt our judiciary. Alif has had the pride and privilege of honouring seven of its stalwarts.
Heads of Diplomatic Missions in Mauritius
Mauritius has knitted cordial relationships especially with countries of origins of our population. Alif adds its voice to that of our Government and when the need is felt, to express its own stand on matters that are of interest to it.
Alif has been honouring Heads of Missions of the following countries since late 1980s
- REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
- PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
CEO’s of big COMPANIES, Para-statal and Religious Bodies,
On Alif’s list of Honorees, the largest number comes from this category. It is normal as Mauritius has a very large private sector which play a pivotal role in the development of the country.
- RELIGIOUS BODIES: Mgr Margeot, Mgr Souchon and Rev. Ian Ernest.
- BANKING n FINANCE: Prof. Donald Ah-Chuen, ABC banking, Clairette Ah Hen, Me. Marc Hein and Milan Meetarbhan of the Financial Services Commissions. Ravin Dajee, CEO of Barclays Kee Cheong Li Kwong Wing, President of SCB and Kris Lutchmeenarraidoo
- UNIVERSITIES: V.Cs Mohamedbhai, Tan Sri Dzul, Dato’ Ibrahim and Prof Aini and Dean Mohee, Osman Mohamed of MID, Sada Reddi GOSK, Prof. Lucien Finette, Dir. MES
- BANK OF MAURITIUS: Governors Manou Bheenick and Ramesh Basant Roi
- AVIATION: CEOs Vijay Poonoosamy, Nirvan Veerasamy, R. Ujhoda and Vinod Sidambaram, Arjoon Sudhoo, Kamal Taposeea, Sanjay Bhuckory, Omar Ramtoola, MD Emirates
- GOVERNMENT: Vice President Hon. Raouf Bundhun,H. E. Kailash Purriag, President , H. E. Prof. Ameenah Gurib-Fakim, President, Hon. Min of Ext. Affairs, S. Boolell, Commissioner of Police Raj Dayal. Minister of Culture, Mookesh Choonee.
- CAPTAINS of INDUSTRIES:
- LONRHO: Rene Noel,
- FAIL: Cedric de Speville,
- AGRICULTURAL SECTOR: Omnicane: Jacques Dunienville, Chambre d’Agriculture: Jacqueline Sauzier and Thierry Merven., Dr. Jean Claude Autrey of MSIRI,
- TEXTILE: CMT: Francois Woo, Maurice Vigier de Latour, Ahmed and Ali Parkar of Star Knitwear, Swaley Peerkhan, Danielle Wong, Maurice Vigier de La Tour,
- TOURISM:Arnaud Martin of MTPA, Soodarsan Bhunjun of Voile d’Or, Patrice Legris. Patrice Hardy,
- SATELLITE TV: Bashir Currimjee, GOSK, Tsang Man King
- LUNETTERIE: Farook Hossen, GOSK.
- PRINTING: Georges Chung
- SPORTS: Bruno Julie, Champion Kick Boxing, David Li Yuen Fong, Karate Champion,
- DIAMOND CUTTING: Jose Poncini
- MAURITIUS EMPLOYERS’ FEDERATION: Mohammad Vayid, GOSK.
- TRADE UNIONIST: Jack Bizlall
- PUBLICITY: Thierry Montochio
- OIL COMPANY: Arnaud Goder
- CONSTRUCTION: Pierre Ah Sue
- LAWYER: Me. Jacques Panglose
- MANAGEMENT: Jane Valls